There’s nothing worse than having a bad apartment neighbor. It’s distracting, and can make you dread going home, where you’re supposed to feel safest. It can also make you feel like you’re suffocating under your own roof. If you’re worried that you may be disturbing your neighbors, don’t worry; there are easy do’s and don’t’s to remember when it comes to being a great neighbor! Don’t despair; read on for the most important tips you can take with you when you move into your new apartment.
- Park your car respectively. It can be helpful to park your car in the same spot every day, if possible.
- Keep voices down in stairwells and shared hallways. This is perhaps even more important than using indoor voices inside your actual apartment, because your voice can echo and disturb more than one neighbor.
- Introduce yourself. Help your community come together by introducing yourself when you see your neighbors, and you can get to know their lifestyle so you can adjust your behavior accordingly.
- Be respectful. Even if your neighbor is being loud at ungodly hours, marching to their door to scream isn’t the answer. Always keep a cool head when attempting to resolve issues.
- Allow your dog to bark constantly. If you want a quick noise complaint, the easiest way to do so is by having a loud dog. Constant, unrelenting barking at every passing fly is incredibly disruptive. Train your dog to not bark by using a water spray bottle when they bark.
- Leave your trash to sit. Even if you aren’t putting your trash in the hallway, trash that sits is trash that attracts pests. If your mess brings cockroaches or ants, this usually creates a similar issue for the entire building.
- Have parties without notice. One or two guests doesn’t warrant a prior notice, but if you’re throwing a big bash, you may want to alert your neighbors that there may be more noise than usual.
Meet the best neighbors at The Apartments of Wildewood!
At The Apartments of Wildewood, located in beautiful in St. Mary’s Maryland, we offer homes with access to pools, an on-site gym, and maintenance whenever you need it – and have access to all the information you need to affordably rent an apartment in St. Mary’s. To set up an appointment to check out an apartment rental from The Apartments at Wildewood, call us at 301.737.0737 or visit the website!