Bathrooms are always tough rooms to organize, no matter what the size. You actually need just about everything that’s in your bathroom, so it’s nice to have things on hand and easily accessible. At the same time, though, most of the things in your bathroom or of a sensitive nature or things that you don’t necessarily want sitting out in the open – this is where fun storage comes in. Organizing your bathroom can be fun and can help you come up with an overall theme for your Apartment of Wildewood bathroom. We’ve got a few tips to get you started on your organization project!
- Use a towel rack – Most bathrooms come with the single towel holder on a wall that allows your towel to dry. Generally speaking, that’s not enough. Putting a towel rack on the back of your door or up on the wall can help you save a lot of space. You can use it for clean, neatly rolled towels (try a wine rack for this) or to dry your used towels. Either way, it’ll help free up a little space in your cabinets or linen closet!
- Magnetize – Putting up a magnet strip either in your medicine cabinet or on the wall is a good storage solution. You can put magnets on the backs of hooks to store hanging things, or you could just put your metal make up or shaving accessories directly on the magnet strip.
- Rolling carts – We’ve already sung the praises of rolling carts for kitchens, but they’re great for any room. They can hold all kind of things in the bathroom, from soaps and shampoos to bath toys. You can easily get a rolling car that matches your bathroom décor. If you don’t find one that you love, try a DIY project!
- Add some shelving – This is simpler than it sounds. Try a shelf above the door to store toiletries or extras that you don’t use that often but that you like to have on hand. Try organizing them into pretty jars for a little extra decorative flair. There’s no reason that something practical can’t also look great!
- Be smart about your cabinet space – Instead of throwing everything into your cabinets pell-mell, try sliding trays or little plastic shelving units inside your cabinets. That way you can stack things on top of each other, but still have a clear organization technique. Label your trays or drawers to make it easy to tell what’s in them. You’ll spend less time searching for things and more time using what you need!
Be smart about organizing your bathroom and make the most out of your space! The bathrooms in our floor plans at Apartments at Wildewood are large and spacious, but these tips will still come in handy to make the most out of your bathroom space! These tips will help give your bathroom a de-cluttered, put together look! To find out more about living at The Apartments at Wildewood in St. Mary’s County, MD, call us at 301.737.0737or visit the website! For more about renting with Wildewood, check out our Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or LinkedIn.