Many people think first about how much rent costs, aesthetics, and apartment amenities when they decide to rent an apartment from one property management company over the other—however, local amenities matter as well as convenience. You have to think about how far your apartment is from your job. Even if you’re an introvert who prefers to stay inside your apartment or work from home and don’t have to venture outside your apartment for work, you will still want to be close to practical amenities like shopping centers.
You might also want to treat yourself to a bite to eat, or you might want to see if your kids will receive a proper education. Also, friends and family might visit and ask, “What is there to do in the area?” The point is that it’s helpful to know your community, and we’ll make that simple for you by sharing amenities local to The Apartments of Wildewood in California, Maryland.
Where to Shop in California, Maryland
- Wildewood Center: A shopping mall where you can pick up pizza from Domino’s or sit and eat at Outback Steakhouse, The Green Turtle, or Okada Japanese Steak & Seafood; shop at various shops such as Bed Bath & Beyond, Belk, DSW, JCPenney, and Ulta; and receive services from nail salons, spas, barbershops, or exercise at Planet Fitness (using our on-site fitness center is an option for working out as well).
- Laurel Glen Shopping Center: An excellent place to visit if you’re a crafter.
- South Plaza Shopping Center: A one-stop strip mall with shops such as Ross, Panera Bread, Five Guys, Best Buy, and Gamestop.
- First Colony Shopping Center: This shopping center has Lowe’s, BJ’s, Target, Michael’s, Staples, Giant’s, and other popular retail stores.
Like many towns, California, Maryland also has popular retail stores such as Walmart, Marshalls, HomeGoods, and Kohl’s.
Places to Eat
Of course, some local food amenities include fast food restaurants, Chick-fil-A, Burger King, Checkers, Popeyes, and Wendy’s. However, when you want a dine-in experience, places such as the following are all excellent choices:
- Mission BBQ
- Olive Garden
- MOD Pizza
- Asahi Japanese Steak & Seafood
- Mezeh Mediterranean Grill
These places have high ratings and are beloved by the local community.
According to Niche.com, the top public schools serving California, MD, are the following:
- Chesapeake Charter School
- Leonardtown High School
- Evergreen Elementary School
- Hollywood Elementary School
- Great Mills High School
Regarding private schools, Niche.com lists them as the following:
- St. Mary’s Ryken High School
- The King’s Christian Academy
- Father Andrew White, S.J. School
- St. John’s Elementary School
- St. Michael’s School
Things to Do
California, Maryland, is an excellent place to live if you love the idea of being remote and at peace. There is a lot of fishing and hunting in California, and you might also want to consider trying the following activities:
- Historic St. Mary’s City: An archaeological museum recognized as a National Historic Landmark in 1969
- Calvert Cliffs State Park: A park that features massive cliffs, a sandy beach, a playground with recycled tires, fossil hunting, fishing, 13 miles of hiking trails, and other activities
- Annmarie Sculpture Garden & Arts Center: A sculpture garden that features botanical gardens, art events, and even fun and informative programs where kids and teens can learn about art, dance, nature, and leadership
Make California, Maryland Your Home
We hope that you indulge in these local amenities! California, Maryland, is a safe and family-friendly area. The Apartments of Wildewood offers beautiful apartments to make your experience in St. Mary’s County cozier. You can visit our website or call us today to learn more about living here and at the Apartments of Wildewood.
The Apartments of Wildewood has a friendly community waiting to welcome you!
At The Apartments of Wildewood, located in beautiful St. Mary’s, Maryland, we offer homes with access to pools, an on-site gym, and maintenance whenever you need it – and have access to all the information you need to affordably rent an apartment in St. Mary’s. To set up an appointment to check out an apartment or townhouse rental from The Apartments of Wildewood, call us at 301.737.0737 or visit the website at www.apartmentsofwildewood.com.